The following are some of our significant results from past cases:
- Mark Holt and David Sherlin participated in the representation of a client who suffered catastrophic injuries when he was hit by a tractor-trailer. The case settled in 2016 for $3.75 million and was reported in North Carolina Lawyers Weekly. Read Lawyers Weekly story.
- Mark Holt served as lead counsel in obtaining the largest reported settlement or verdict in North Carolina for the year 2012 as reported in North Carolina Lawyers Weekly. David Sherlin assisted in the representation of the client. The settlement was $13.25 million.
- Mark Holt and David Sherlin represented the estate of a 35-year-old wife and mother of two daughters who died due to alleged negligent care after surgery. The case settled in 2012 for $2.65 million.
- Mark Holt served as lead counsel in representing the estate of a young man who died due to alleged negligence following surgery. David Sherlin assisted in the representation. The case settled in 2012 for $2 million.
- Mark Holt served as lead counsel in representing a young girl who suffered a catastrophic brain injury and resulting cerebral palsy after an incorrect instrument was used during a heart catheterization. The case settled in 2004 for $10 million.
- Mark Holt represented a young girl who was injured at birth due to alleged negligence resulting in cerebral palsy. The case settled in 2000 for $10.75 million. Wade Byrd of Fayetteville served as co-counsel.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and the results of cases reported on this website cannot be used as a basis for predicting the results in future cases. Each case is judged on its own unique set of facts. The cases reported on this website do not represent the lawyers’ entire record and the outcome of a particular case cannot be predicted upon a lawyer’s past results.